Home | Data Visualization
Learning the most basic tool when it comes to data analysis and data reporting
Kid's Learning Journey
Why this course?
This advanced Excel course is designed specifically for students to provide them with valuable skills that can benefit them academically and beyond.
How do we teach?
What is the outcome?
- Introduction to Excel
– Overview of Excel interface and navigation, understanding workbooks, worksheets, and cells, entering and editing data, formatting cells and text
- Essential Functions
– Using basic formulas and operators (+, -, *, /), AutoSum function for quick calculations, understanding absolute and relative cell references, common mathematical and statistical functions (SUM, AVERAGE, MAX, MIN)
- Data Manipulation
– Sorting data in ascending or descending order, Filtering data using AutoFilter, Applying conditional formatting to highlight data, Removing duplicates from a dataset
- Advanced Formatting Techniques
– Custom number formats, Conditional formatting with formulas, Cell styles and formatting options, Working with tables for improved data management
- Advanced Functions
– Logical functions (IF, AND, OR), Lookup and reference functions (VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, INDEX, MATCH), Text functions (CONCATENATE, LEFT, RIGHT, MID), Date and time functions (TODAY, NOW, DATE, YEAR)
- Data Analysis Tools
– Creating charts and graphs to visualize data, Using data validation to control input, PivotTables for data summarization and analysis. Introduction to data analysis add-ins (e.g., Solver, Analysis ToolPak)
- Advanced Techniques – Working with multiple worksheets and workbooks, Linking and consolidating data from different sources, Protecting worksheets and workbooks.
Tips and tricks for efficient Excel usage